The world needs immediate betterment and a green building is its pinnacle. Green buildings provide manifold benefits to the world. They provide the best means to reduce climate change and help in creating sustainable communities. Thus, they have the power to drive forward a country’s economic growth. The World Green Building Council is the precursor of bringing about these changes, and they ensure this new technology brings about actual changes.
What Is A Green Building?
A green building is a building that helps reduce the negative impacts and create positive impacts on the environment. These buildings are the best way to restore world health and quality of life. A number of features sum up to make a green building:
- Proper use of renewable energy, i.e., solar energy.
- Well-planned use of water and other resources.
- Maintaining good indoor air quality.
- Using non-toxic materials in construction of the building and by people using the building.
- Enabling re-use and recycling, and installing pollution and waste-reduction measures.
It is not mandatory that a green building’s construction takes place separately. Any building possessing the above-mentioned features can be termed as a green building. In this case, it is important to mention that due to the difference in climate, culture, and tradition of different countries, the approach to such a building will vary.
What Are The Benefits?
By going green, we can make the most out of the environment and nature. The greatest part is that this will not create an adverse effect on the environment. It will instead increase the economic performance. Green technologies have manifold effects ranging from environmental to economic and social. Here are the benefits.
- Environmental Benefits
- Green technology can lead to a reduction in wastage of water. Many places are already suffering from water crisis. This is bound to increase if proper actions are not necessitated.
- An increase in the number of green buildings will help to conserve natural resources.
- Green technology helps improve air and water quality.
- It also helps to bring about noticeable changes in biodiversity loss and the ecosystem.
- Economic Benefits
- The green technology is surely expensive to start with, but it is more durable in the long run. Unlike other chemical products, green products last long, thus preventing unwanted expenses from time to time.
- It helps to improve occupant productivity.
- The use of these buildings will help to create the market base for green products. This will help both – the Earth and the earthlings in the long run.
- Social Benefits
- This concept, if carried out properly, will minimize the strain on local infrastructures by a huge amount.
- It will also help improve the quality of life of the occupants of the building as well as the people around it.
- Green buildings will bring about betterment in the occupants’ health and increase their comfort.
The Goals Of Going Green
It is very much obvious that the ultimate goal of a green building is to increase the Earth’s sustainability. It does so without disrupting the natural habitats and creates a positive impact on the wildlife. Green building is something people should switch to immediately. You don’t need to rebuild a building, you just need to make a few changes to go green.